Surrounded by salt marshes at the end of the estuary formed by the River Seudre, Mornac sur Seudre is one of the most beautiful villages in France and is located 20 km away from the campsite.
A village of stone and water
A former medieval stronghold, Mornac sur Seudre offers visitors its narrow alleyways with whitewashed houses and blue or green shutters, and its artisans who continue to create traditional Saintonge art.
A former trade and fishing trade port, Mornac-sur-Seudre focuses today on oyster-farming and salt produced in its salt marshes.
What to see in Mornac sur Seudre
- Saint Pierre church, a 12th century fortified church
- The medieval market hall, mentioned in a 1664 manuscript
- The boats moored on the port for a magnificent trip on the River Seudre, towards the salt marshes, which have now become oyster farms
- The castle, which was built as a fortified castle in the 12th century
- The mill located on the right bank of the Mornac channel, which is still active
Book your stay near Mornac sur Seudre
5-star campsite Bois Soleil welcomes you for a short or long stay. Book your camping pitch or mobile home now near Mornac sur Seudre.
Contact the campsite by email (email@example.com) or telephone (+33 (0)5 46 05 05 94) for further information and to find out about availability.
Photo credits: CMT17 © E. COEFFE